Everyone Has Their
Moment in the Sun.
Make This One Yours.Launchpad 06.06.17
From Skowhegan to Portland to Sanford and all Maine points, this year's LaunchPad is shaping up to be the biggest and most exciting competition yet. Don't let your chance to earn the ultimate vote of confidence for your small business, start-up or dream business pass you by. Enter Maine's premier small business competition now.
- 2016 WinnerFluid FarmsDresden, ME
- 2015 WinnerFlowfoldScarborough, ME
- 2014 WinnerBixby & Co.Rockland, ME
- 2013 WinnerPika EnergyWestbrook, ME
Every Business Could Use a LaunchPad
Now there's a launchpad for every kind of business.
Whether you've got a great business idea, you've just opened shop or you're looking to expand your operation, LaunchPad has evolved to help more businesses at more stages of development than ever before.
- CountdownThis category includes businesses that have yet to generate revenue and are still in the process of developing their core offerings. They can range from those with a business idea or plan to those that have recently opened and are focused on developing products and services.
- IgnitionBusinesses that have recently started generating revenue. These businesses include any business that is open—whether online or in another format—and has recently started generating revenue.
- LaunchMore established businesses—those that are generating revenue sufficient for reinvestment in the operation. Whether through a new product or service, or by expanding the business in scale or location, these businesses are focused on building on their initial successes.
New in 2017:
Thanks to GSB’s long-term partnership with Junior Achievement of Maine, middle schoolers throughout Southern Maine will, for the first time ever, have the chance to participate in LaunchPad—through the JA It’s My Business!® program.
Students will work together in groups with a business mentor to learn entrepreneurial skills and brainstorm ideas for a community Teen Club. At the end of the session, each class votes on their favorite idea, and once it is chosen, the whole class collaborates to further develop the winning idea. Each class then elects a group of four students to represent both their classroom and their middle school at the 2017 LaunchPad event.