Your Journey to $50,000 Starts Here.
Enter Maine's Premier Small Business Competition Today.
Calling all entrepreneurs! Gorham Savings Bank's LaunchPad is back. Bring us your start-ups. Show us your small businesses. Hit us with your best ideas. Submit your application today for your chance to win $50,000.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: 5PM on 4.15.18
- 2017Good To-GoKittery, ME
- 2016Fluid FarmsDresden, ME
- 2015FlowfoldScarborough, ME
- 2014Bixby & Co.Rockland, ME
- 2013Pika EnergyWestbrook, ME
Every Business Could Use a LaunchPad
Whether you've got a great business idea, you've just opened shop or you're looking to expand your operation, LaunchPad has evolved to help more businesses at more stages of development than ever before.
- CountdownThis category includes businesses that have yet to generate revenue and are still in the process of developing their core offerings. They can range from those with a business idea or plan to those that have recently opened and are focused on developing products and services.
- IgnitionBusinesses that have recently started generating revenue. These businesses include any business that is open—whether online or in another format—and has recently started generating revenue.
- LaunchMore established businesses—those that are generating revenue sufficient for reinvestment in the operation. Whether through a new product or service, or by expanding the business in scale or location, these businesses are focused on building on their initial successes.
We believe in
Once our panel of judges has identified the five finalists to pitch on-stage, they will select a LaunchPad Emerging Idea Award winner. This additional prize includes a grant of up to $10,000 along with another $10,000 of in-kind services.
2017 Emerging Idea Award Winner, Sara Rademaker of American Unagi
Maine's Youngest Entrepreneurs
What will they think of next?
Through a partnership with Junior Achievement, 8th grade students at Memorial Middle School (South Portland), Bonny Eagle Middle School (Standish) and King Middle School (Portland) will present their business ideas and compete for the first place title.
2017 LaunchPad Junior 1st Place, Mahoney Middle School